Search This Blog

Saturday, June 16, 2018

Rats and Mice: Do We Love Them or Hate Them?

  I am sitting here in my temporary refuge, a low rent house that is home to a friend of my son. There is a problem with rats. These rats avoid rat traps, and don't seem to like rat poison. My Yorkie seems to frighten them, and my son and I are using blow guns with some success. I just realized that I
really don't like shooting those cute little critters.
 
   Think about how we treat rats and mice in fiction. Mickey Mouse and Mighty Mouse are beloved characters. Rats put bells on cats. And there is the mouse and elephant.  In fact, there are two different mouse and elephant stories, one from the Congo in which a mouse conquers an elephant, and one from India in which mice befriend elephants.
 
   So I will wage my little war with these wee sleekit mousies.


No comments: