Search This Blog

Thursday, July 31, 2014

gun forums

One thing that I have been doing to help build traffic has been to write on a number of forums. I got into this after someone posted a spurious job offer on a well-known online work site.  I get pad a ridiculously low amount for these postings through Postloop forums.  I have had one bad experience on a gun forum called Revolver Forums and a rather different one on Firearm Addicts.

 I was banned from the Revolver Forum after the owner got upset because I thought that incidents such as the massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary was one more proof that we need to control the availability of weapons and magazines designed to allow for the easy murder of large numbers of people.  He stated that the death of those children was fine with him as long as he could have his guns (paraphrased, not direct quote).

The owner of Firearm Addicts politely said that he could not continue to pay for my posts since some of the other members had complained, but he welcomes a variety of views.  I have decided to continue to post on that forum, since I am an advocate of reasonable, responsible gun ownership.

I know that my Grandfather, my Father, myself, my sons, and at least some of my grandchildren are or were gun owners.  I don't know about all my past relatives.  Some of my ancestors were prominent Quakers, so they probably weren't, but I am sure that many of my ancestors were gun owners.

No comments: