Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Daesh is to Islam as KKK is to Christianity

   I had to think a little about the title for this brief post because I wasn't sure whether to use the example of the (reconstituted) KKK or the NAZI party of Hitler and his minions. I decided to use the (reconstituted ) KKK because of it's current role in America.  Note that I am specific to state that I am referring to the "reconstituted" KKK, rather than the original KKK, which was originally a racially integrated organization founded to combat the wholesale rape of Southern women, particularly of color, by occupying Northern troops and carpetbaggers.  It was de-constituted by Gen. Nathan Forrest, who had helped found the original Klan.  Forrest was a leading White proponent of the rights of Southern Blacks, advocating for the need for employment of Blacks (including in professional positions) and their voting rights (he was the keynote speaker for the 1st national convention of the Independent Order of Pole-Bearers ).
 
   I  have to agree with those who believe that the anti-Muslim mania we currently see in some of America is EXACTLY what the Daesh ( or ISIL) fanatics want.  When we talk about Muslims like Hitler (remember HIM) talked about Jews, we play into the hands of these fanatics, we help recruit for them.  I wonder if Donald Trump is on their payroll?

   

No comments: