Search This Blog

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Quasi-Atheists

I recently made a post on a religious forum about atheism being a belief based on blind faith. A number of agnostics under the mistaken belief that they are Atheists became somewhat irrational in their argument that just not believing that there is a god makes them an Atheist. Despite the fact that these people are pretty much rabid in their condescending approach to defending their belief that they refuse to acknowledge, they choose to ignore any of the arguments for the existence of God, except to  look down their noses at them and imply that I am intellectually deficient for making arguments that I have not made and have no intention of making.

I should add that no one claiming to actually believe that there is no god has commented on the subject. I suspect that the self-styled Atheists are people desperately struggling with their beliefs. If they simply don't believe in a god, they wouldn't make a big deal of it. And I guess it sounds good at parties to say "I am an Atheist."  Very stylish these days.

No comments: