Search This Blog

Monday, November 11, 2013

Barnraising for Alternative Energy

    I'm working on an article about barn building. This made me think about the old-time American/Canadian tradition of barn raisings. In case you don't know much about American history, a barn raising was when the community would come together as a group of volunteers to help build a barn, frequently for a newcomer to the community. Some groups continue to hold barn raisngs, and such groups as Habitat for Humanity continue the tradition in a broader sense.

    It occurred to me that there just might be a need for a similar movement in the alternative energy community. I am hereby issuing a challenge to the alternative energy community.People, someone get a movement going. Contact me if you know of any such movement or if you want to get something going.
 

No comments: